return to “Big J in Greater New Orleans” index
previous entry .......... next entry
2/28/2006 (Mardi Gras)
A few years ago I went through a short period of writing poetry (The
rhyming kind, not the serious stuff that makes you feel uncultured). In
summer 2004, a brief interaction at work inspired one such poem. Initially
I didn’t think it was that great, so I didn’t share it with
many people. For some reason, though, I ran across the poem a couple months
ago and thought it was pretty funny. In my perpetual search for excuses
to sit at home in front of my computer for hours on end, a Flash animation
- Download size: 432 KB (about two minutes average with 56K dial-up)
- System requirements: Flash
Player 6 or later installed in your web browser, and a computer
that isn’t too ancient. The graphics may stall on older computers.
- To make the animation fill more of your screen, resize the pop-up
window that contains the animation.
- Yes, there is audio. And the quality is fantastic.
- If you have any trouble understanding the words of poem, the button
in the lower left corner of the animation will display them.
- Oddly, all three animations I’ve made have been completed on
holidays: New Year’s Eve, Thanksgiving, and now Mardi Gras.
- Below are the storyboards used to create this animation.